Election & Voting
Will County Clerk Lauren Staley Ferry's Voter Information Guide Mailed to all Households with Registered Voters
JOLIET - Will County Clerk Lauren Staley Ferry announces that every household with at least one registered voter should receive a Voter Information Guide that will provide important information about the April 6, 2021 Consolidated Election.
Voter Information Guides, which should begin arriving in homes in the coming days, will include sample ballots personalized for each precinct. Sample ballots will enable voters to research specific candidates and referenda before they cast their votes in local races.
The Voter Information Guide is designed so that all voting information is categorized in an easy-to-read format. This guide also provides:
- Information about how to request a Vote By Mail Ballot.
- Nearby Early Voting sites with hours of operation. Early Voting is already open during business hours at the Will County Clerk’s Office in downtown Joliet and will expand to more than 20 additional sites throughout Will County beginning on March 22.
- Polling Place locations where people can vote on Election Day.
“The Voter Information Guide contains a great deal of information that will enable voters to research candidates and issues that appear on their specific ballots,” Staley Ferry said. “These are tailor-made guides that outline all of their voting options. Voters may bring the guides into the polling booths to assist them if they choose to cast their ballots on Election Day.”
Voters also may visit the Will County Clerk’s website at thewillcountyclerk.com to view a sample ballot, request a Vote By Mail Ballot, find nearby Early Voting locations, or to learn about other election-related information.
Early & Grace Period Voting Hours for the April 6, 2021 Consolidated General Election
Early Voting will take place at Homer Township located at 14350 W. 151st Street Homer Glen, IL 60491
Early Voting Hours:
- March 22 thru March 26, 2021 Monday thru Friday 9 AM to 3:30 PM
- March 27, 2021 Saturday 9 AM to Noon
- March 29 & March 31, 2021 Monday & Wednesday 9 AM to 3: 30 PM
- March 30 & April 1, 2021 Tuesday & Thursday Noon to 6:30 PM
April 6, 2021 Municipal Election
- Village Elections take place in the Spring of 2021.
- Positions up for election in 2021 : four (4) Trustee positions. One (1) Two Year Term & Three (3) Four Year Term
- Candidates may begin circulating petitions on September 22, 2020.
- Petitions may be filed with the Village Clerk.
- For more information, feel free to contact the Village Clerk. Additional candidate information and forms can be found on the State Board of Elections website as well as the Will County Clerk’s website
Public Notice April 6, 2021 Consolidated General Election
NOTICE is hereby given that the first day to file a petition with the Village Clerk of Homer Glen for the April 6, 2021 Consolidated General Election is Monday, November 16, 2020. The filing period runs through Friday, November 20, 2020 and Monday, November 23, 2020. The Village of Homer Glen located at 14240 W. 151st Street, Homer Glen, Illinois will be open during regular business hours from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.(5:00 p.m. on November 23, 2020) and we will be accepting nomination papers for the following offices:
Trustee - Two year term
Trustee - Four year term
Trustee - Four year term
Trustee – Four year term
For more information regarding obtaining a petition for candidacy, please contact the Will County Clerk's Office at (815)-740-4615 or consult the 2021 Candidate Guide for the Consolidated Election which can be found on the Illinois State Board of Elections website, at www.elections.il.gov. Please note the Will County Clerk’s Office will not be able to provide advice or direction on how to circulate petitions or submit them.
- Voter registration is open throughout the year except during the 27 days preceding an election.
- Registration reopens the 2nd day following an election.
- Voter registration can be completed online
- Mail in forms for voter registration application may downloaded at the Will County Clerk’s voter registration webpage.
Residents of Homer Glen may register at:
- Village Hall
14240 W. 151st Street
Homer Glen, IL 60491
- You can register to vote at the Will County Clerk’s office and vote the same day up through the end of early voting.
Office of the Will County Clerk
302 North Chicago Street
Joliet, IL 60432