- 5:30 p.m.
- 1st Tuesday of each month (typically, check published calendar of regular meetings)
Note: Please check meeting calendars and agendas to confirm date, time and location of meetings.
Meetings are open to the public. Some meetings may include time for public comment and will be noted as such on the agenda. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed with the required notice given.
- Arbor Day Tree Planting Program
- Community and Nature in Harmony Awards
- Dark Skies Initiative
- Tree Planting Area Program(s) and Tree City USA Program
- Grant Applications for Environmental Non-Infrastructure Projects
- Issues Related to Air, Water, Land and Light Pollution
- Homer Glen Lands Day Event and Tree Planting Ceremony
- Star Gazing Events
- Historic Preservation/Will County Landmark Status in Homer Glen
- Green Vision of the Homer Glen Community
- Biodiversity Initiatives
- Village and Will County Sponsored Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event*
- Wildflower and Native Plant Programs
- Wildlife protection, concerns and recommendations.
- Recommend changes to the Village's Environmental ordinances, including the Lighting Ordinance, Landscape Ordinance, Tree Preservation Ordinance and Conservation Design.
- Recommend and assist with grants related to Environment, such as Lighting, Landscaping, Trees, and Natural Resources
- Support and Promote Homer Glen Motto "Community and Nature in Harmony"
- Support and Promote Village Board approved Environmental Goals & Objectives
- Recommend strategies to preserve, protect and encourage wildlife and their natural habitats
- Greenest Region Compact 2
- Identify and recommend methods for defining, acquiring and preserving open spaces
- Recommend and propose a variety of environmental and educational activities, facilities and programs
- Recommend policies and practices to protect and maintain our agricultural heritage
- Participate in the following membership organizations: Chicago Wilderness, The Conservation Foundation, Arbor Day Foundation, and International Dark Sky Association (IDA).
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. As required by the State of Illinois Open Meetings Act, agendas and notices are posted on this website and at Village Hall no later than 48 hours before a meeting. Meetings are open to the public. Some meetings may include time for public comment and will be noted as such on the agenda. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed with the required notice given.
- Trustee Jennifer Consolino, Chair
- Chris Chiapetta
- Fran Perveiler
- Andy Panelli
- Joe Turrise
Goals & Achievements
The Environment Committee supports the preservation of Homer Glen’s natural resources through the conservation design ordinance, the protection of trees, encouraging native landscaping as cost-saving and energy-saving concepts, and sustainability measures for future generations.