The Steering Committee of the Green Communities Grant Program
The kickoff meeting held on July 12, 2003 and subsequent 2 visioning sessions for the Green Communities Grant process have been well attended by Homer Glen residents and business leaders. We are getting closer to our goal of determining your vision of the Village's environmental future.
We strongly urge those of you interested in issues such as clean air, quality water, the protection and restoration of natural areas, environmental education, community character, recreation, transportation and compatible development strategies provide your valued opinions at the next visioning session. All are welcome, bring a friend. It is particularly important that those who have attended past sessions continue their participation.
A reminder that the next visioning session will be held at the Homer Junior High School at 157th and Bell Road on Monday, July 14, 2003 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Food and refreshments will be served before and during the session. Please, mark your calendar.
Agenda, Goals & Objectives
View our agenda for the session as well as the list of goals and associated objectives developed by the attendees at the past sessions. Participants will continue to refine these goals and objectives resulting in a vision of the Village's environmental future and recommended actions assuring that vision.
Thank you once again for your commitment to this environmental visioning process. We hope you can find the time in your schedule to join your neighbors at the July 14th session.
- Inaugural Event: Tuesday, January 21, 2003, 7 to 8 p.m. at Cross of Glory Church (Cedar Road). The Inaugural Event will introduce the Green Communities Demonstration Program to the community, explain objectives, and solicit participation. Individuals will be asked to participate in 3 visioning sessions. The event will include a 25-minute presentation followed by a 25-minute period for questions.
- First Visioning Session: Monday, February 24, 2003, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Homer Junior High School. The 1st visioning session will be an evening town meeting format. The proposed agenda for this meeting includes providing an overview of the visioning process; descriptions of existing conditions and growth and development trends; review of previous planning exercises; begin facilitated discussion regarding environmental visions.
- Second Visioning Session: Saturday, April 26, 2003, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Homer Junior High School. The 2nd visioning session will include in- depth facilitated discussion to establish an environmental vision.
- Third Visioning Session: Monday, July 14, 2003, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Homer Junior High School. The final visioning session will present a draft vision plan. Facilitated discussion will be used to achieve consensus on a future community vision.
- Presentation to Homer Glen Board of Trustees: To be scheduled at a future Village Board Meeting. The presentation will include a public unveiling of the community environmental vision.