- Yard Waste Disposal
- NuWay Services
The Village requires all garbage, recycling and yard waste containers be stored on the side or back of the home. Containers should not be stored anywhere in front of the home. Containers should not placed at the curb before 6pm on the night prior to pickup and should be put away as soon after pickup as possible.
NuWay Customer Service
NuWay Customer Service - (708) 798-1004.
- Household garbage is picked up weekly on your regular day.
- Each home in the Village has received, at no extra cost, a light green 95-gallon garbage cart which is on wheels and has a lid to prevent garbage from blowing out.
- Additional carts are also available to rent.
- Garbage may also be placed in garbage bags or your own 35-gallon cans (up to 3 per week) as long as each weighs no more than 50 pounds each.
- Yard waste season is April 1 to November 30 each year.
- Grass clippings, leaves, branches, etc. are considered yard waste (no dirt or rock).
- Based on an Illinois State Law, yard waste must NOT be mixed with your garbage.
- Yard waste can be placed in brown paper yard waste bags.
- Yard waste can also be placed in your own 32-gallon cans. A red “yard waste only” sticker must be attached to any can you are using for yard waste so that the driver can identify them properly. Yard waste only stickers are available at Village Hall.
- Large (95 gallon) yard waste carts on wheels are also available. The 1st yard waste cart is included with your service, additional carts are available to rent.
- Branch Pickup: Branches should be cut into 3 to 4 foot lengths and be no wider than 6 inches in diameter. Branches can be placed in the yard waste bag or put in reasonable sized bundles tied with twine or string.
- The yard waste service will likewise facilitate the recycling of leaves, grass, and other yard waste into beneficial compost. It should also encourage residents not to burn leaves and other yard waste, thereby improving Homer Glen's air quality.
- Branches should be cut into length of 4 feet or less.
- Each branch no more than 6 inches in diameter.
- Branches should be bundled and tied with string/twine.
- Each bundle must weigh no more than 50 pounds.
- Recyclables are picked up every week on your regular pickup day.
- Each home in the Village has been provided with a dark green, 95 gallon recycle cart. This cart should be used for recyclables only; no garbage or yard waste.
Download a Senior Rate application.
The Village has negotiated a favorable rate for Homer Glen residents for roll-off containers when residents have large quantities of refuse or material from construction and remodeling projects. However, residents who require such refuse service may contract with the waste hauler of their choice.