The Village of Homer Glen is a suburban gem located within an easy commute of Chicago in one of the country's fastest growing counties. Committed to retaining its unique character, Homer Glen has created a strategically inspired commercial development plan. This plan allows the Village to embrace quality growth while preserving the resources that have made it so attractive.
Where is Homer Glen, Illinois?
- Located in northeastern Will County, Illinois
- 25 miles southwest of downtown Chicago
- Conveniently located to all major Chicagoland airports and major expressways
- Will County is projected to be the 2nd most populated county in Chicagoland by 2040
- Homer Glen is the 4th largest municipality in Will County
What is Fueling Homer Glen's Growth?
- Interstate 355 / Veterans Memorial Tollway with 2 interchanges (143rd Street and 159th Street)
- Strong public school system, upscale housing and neighborhoods
- Easy access to developed commuter rail system
- Convenient access to massive Will County Intermodal Transportation Facility
- Corporate aircraft accommodations just minutes away
What Does Homer Glen Offer?
- Prime commercial corridors (Click here)
- Lake Michigan water and municipal sewer
- No municipal property tax
- Lowest retail sales tax rate in Chicago's southwest suburbs at 8%
Who Lives in Homer Glen?
- Median Household Income: $91,257
- Median Owner-Occupied Housing Value: $300,000
- Population Estimate, 2015: 24,395
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher, Ages 25+: 35.7%
- Housing Units: 8,560