Community and Nature in Harmony Awards
Nominations for the 2023 Community and Nature in Harmony Awards
Community and Nature in Harmony Awards recognize an individual or group who, through the preservation, restoration, and/or beautification of land within the Village of Homer Glen and/or unincorporated Homer Township, has demonstrated a commitment to the environment and in the process significantly contributed to community pride. Awards will be presented in September in conjunction with Homer Glen Lands Day.
Purpose: To recognize an individual, business, group, or community organization, who through the creation of wildlife habitat or preservation, restoration, and/or beautification of land within the village of Homer Glen, has demonstrated a commitment to the environment and, in the process, significantly contributed to community pride.
Award Administration: The Community and Nature in Harmony Award is a project of the Environment Committee of the Village of Homer Glen.
Award Nomination Deadline: July 7, 2023
Award Selection: Recipients will be selected from each of the following categories: Individuals, Business/Developers, and Community Organizations/Government Agencies. A maximum of 12 projects will receive awards.
Award Presentation: Presentation of the awards will take place at a Homer Glen Board meeting.
- Individuals - all residents of Homer Glen and/or those who have contributed to the betterment of the environment of Homer Glen.
- Businesses and Developers - any commercial or industrial business working within the Village limits and/or contributing to the betterment of the environment of Homer Glen.
- Community Organizations and Government Agencies - any organization participating in Homer Glen including but not limited to youth groups, clubs, government agencies, churches, and schools.
- Village employees and members of the Environment Committee are ineligible.
- Previous winners must have new projects or repeated project must not have received an award in 2022
Some Suggestions and Ideas for a Nomination (not limited to these):
- Promoting, organizing, or participating in neighborhood cleanups
- Coordinating educational programs
- Donating goods or services for an environmental program
- Planting trees, flowers, or native plants
- Encouraging others to maintain a cleaner and healthier environment
- Coordinating a recycling program
- Promoting an “Environmental Stewardship” philosophy
- Preservation or restoration activity or project
- Creation or protection of a wildlife habitat
- Promoting a rural atmosphere
- Protecting and maintaining our agricultural heritage
- Preservation of history related to the land
- Promotion of environmental awareness through writing/publishing activities