Use this checklist (PDF) to help guide your business opening process in Homer Glen. Some steps can flow concurrently. Please let us know how we can continue to assist you.
Your Business Liaison
Contact the Economic Development Department early in your process for business opening services:
Economic Development Director
Email Janie Patch
- Coordinates meetings with Village staff to guide your business opening including Village permits and approval process.
- Offers customized site selection assistance using an inventory of available spaces and properties, a one-stop resource for location options.
- Provides business planning resources, demographic and trade area information and business marketing resources.
- Arranges your ribbon cutting event.
- Provides ongoing business liaison support once your business is operating. Contact us anytime.
One-Stop Resource for Location Options
The Village maintains a comprehensive list of location options. Visit the Available Commercial Spaces and Properties Inventory on the Village website.
Zoning and Development Resources
Connect with the Village Planning and Zoning staff and relevant resources including the Zoning Code, the Comprehensive Plan, the Village Code and the Development Handbook.