The Village of Homer Glen traffic calming program describes the procedures for receiving, responding, and managing requests for neighborhood traffic management. View the program.
The goals of the program are:
- To reduce vehicular speeds where necessary
- To promote safe and pleasant conditions for motorists, bicyclists, pedestrians, and residents
- To improve the environment and livability of neighborhood streets
- To improve real and perceived safety for non-motorized users of the streets
- To discourage use of residential streets by non-citizens cutting through vehicular traffic