Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
I hope everyone is doing well after last night’s storms. The Volunteers of the Homer Glen Emergency Management Agency were out in force last night keeping an eye on the weather. We were monitoring the storms as they entered our area, and we had weather spotters out at locations around the Village. We were also monitoring radio traffic from the surrounding areas to see how the storms were affecting other communities. Our Volunteers do their best to keep the Residents of Homer Glen safe. Here is our policy for Outdoor Warning Sirens in The Village of Homer Glen.
Village of Homer Glen Policy for Outdoor Warning Sirens:
The Outdoor Warning Sirens are set off for the following events:
• A National Emergency as defined by and ordered by the Federal Government.
• A Tornado Warning issued by the National Weather Service for the Village of Homer Glen or the area directly bordered by the Village.
• A Tornado reported by a trained weather spotter, reported to the Emergency Operations Center by our spotters, or thru the Willwarn Network.
• By order of our Fire Districts or Sheriff’s Department.
• The first Tuesday of the month at 10 a.m. as a monthly test.
Also, remember that Severe Weather Preparedness Week is March 5 thru 11, with the Statewide Tornado Drill occurring on Tuesday, March 7. Always remember to have more than one way to be notified in case of bad weather (e.g., NOAA weather radio, television, radio, etc.).
Village of Homer Glen