You may or may not have received a letter from ComEd regarding your electric supplier. The Village of Homer Glen is no longer participating in the Will Electric Aggregation Group program. Residents that were part of the Village's electric aggregation will have their supplier changed from Dynegy Energy Services to ComEd effective November 2018.
After Village voters approved a referendum on March 20, 2012, the Village of Homer Glen entered into an agreement with 17 other municipalities in Will County to from the Will Electric Aggregation Group. The sole purpose of establishing this intergovernmental group was to gain group buying power for the purchase of competitively priced electricity from a retail electric supplier certified by the State of Illinois.
At that time, the Will Electric Aggregation Group was able to obtain electric favorable pricing from alternative retail electricity suppliers. Village residents were switched to the supplier chosen by the Will Electric Aggregation Group. Residents who wanted to remain with their current supplier or chose to find an alternative supplier could opt out of the Village of Homer Glen's electric aggregation program.
- The Village of Homer Glen is no longer participating in the Will Electric Aggregation Group program.
- The current electric supplier for the Will Electric Aggregation Group is Dynegy Energy Services.
- Effective November 2018, Dynegy Energy Service will no longer be the chosen supplier for the Village of Homer Glen.
- Residents that are currently enrolled in the Village of Homer Glen's electric aggregation program will automatically have their electric supplier changed to ComEd.
- If you would like to switch to a new electric supplier other than ComEd, you can visit ComEd.com/customerchoice for a list of eligible Retail Electric Suppliers that serve the ComEd electric delivery area.
- If you would like to remain with Dynegy Energy Services or have any additional questions regarding their service, you may contact Dynegy Energy Services at (844) 351-7691.