COVID-19 Updates and Resources
The Village of Homer Glen will continue to provide regular updates to our residents and local businesses, as information becomes available. Village staff is in constant communication with its partner agencies and first responders to make sure necessary information is disseminated. This site will be the primary local source for information. Please follow us on Facebook and our website to stay informed of local happenings and programs that may be able to assist our community during this difficult time. Resources and helpful links are listed below.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and for the safety of the general public and Village staff, the Village of Homer Glen is encouraging patrons to conduct Village business online or over the telephone. To limit face-to-face interactions, effective Thursday, March 19, services provided at Village Hall will only be available via email, online, fax and/or by telephone until further notice.
Governor JB Pritzker held a conference call with local governments statewide this afternoon. The Governor clarified his Executive Order that all non-essential businesses must limit attendees or visitors to 50 people, or close. This applies to event spaces, banquet halls, bowling alleys, fitness centers, gyms and theaters as well as restaurants and bars. Grocery stores, hospitals, gas stations, banks, shelters and pharmacies are not affected.
Please DINE LOCAL! Thank you to all of our local restaurants that have decided to remain open for the public, offering drive-thru, curb-side pick-up, and/or delivery. In an effort to promote our local businesses, the Village attempted to contact all of our local restaurants to compile a list of those that will still remain open. We will update this list as additional information is received.
Update 3/18/2020: Due to the current State and Federal emergency mandates imposed on our local restaurants, Mayor Yukich, as the Liquor Commissioner, has enacted the following changes to the Village’s liquor license requirements.
The Village will be allowing restaurants with a Classes “A”, “B” and “F” liquor licenses to sell sealed beer and wine along with carry-out food orders. Prior to offering this service, all local businesses should contact the State of Illinois and their dram insurance providers, to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable state laws and insurance policies. Please note this only applies to the sale of beer and wine and must be offered along with food services. Additionally, this will be only allowed during the Governor’s mandated closure requirements.” If you have any questions please call Village Hall.
- Artesa Bakery: (708) 645-4850, 14045 S. Bell Road, Curbside pick up
- Blueberry Hill Café: (708) 645-0766, 14355 S. Bell Road, Delivery, Pick up
- Chenchos’s Burrito: (708) 301-0101, 14207 S. Bell Road, Pick up
- Chesdan’s Pizzeria: (708) 301-8300. 15764 S. Bell Road, Delivery, Pick up, Curbside
- Chili’s: (708) 645-0175, Curbside Pick-up and Delivery through Door Dash
- Chipotle: (708) 301-3509, 14116 S Bell Road, Delivery
- Creamery: (708) 301-0832, 15112 S. Bell Road, Pick up, Drive-thru
- Davidson’s Bar & Grill: (708) 645-0000, 14136 S. Bell Road, Curbside, pick up
- Dunkin’ Donuts/Baskin Robbins: (708) 301-9588, 14135 S. Bell Road, Drive-thru, Pick Up
- Dunkin’ Donuts, 773-326-9095, 15060 S. Bell Road, Carry-out, Drive-thru
- Enzo’s Pizzeria: (708) 645-7170, Delivery, Curb side Pick-up
- Front Row: (708) 645-7000, 14903 Founders Crossing, Delivery, Curbside pick up, daily specials
- Homer’s Cafe: (708) 301-2353, 15756 S Bell Road, Curbside, Delivery
- Ichiban Ramen: (708) 737-7775, Carry-out, Curbside pick up
- Jimmy Johns: (708) 301-2223, Delivery, Pick up
- Kenootz Pizza: (708) 737-7188, 16601 Knottingwood, Free Delivery, Curbside
- Le Crepe: (708) 966-4866, 13957 S. Bell Road, Delivery, Curbside pick up
- Lou Malnati’s: (708) 580-0300, Delivery, Curbside pick up
- McDonald’s: Drive-thru
- Mr. Beef: (708) 645-0456, 12320 W. 143rd Street, Curbside pick up (Cash only)
- Mucha Salsa: (708) 949-8498, 15749 S. Bell Road, Pick up, Delivery
- Nancy’s Pizza: (708) 403-1600, 14318S. Will Cook Road, Delivery, Curbside Pick up
- Nick’s Barbecue: (708) 645-7427, 15800 S. Bell Road, Delivery, Carry-out, Drive-thru
- Orient Café: (708) 301-8988, 14108 S. Bell Road, Curb side pick up, Carry-out
- Pelican Harry’s: (708) 301-5555, 14807 Founders Crossing, Pick up, Door Dash delivery
- Pepe’s Mexican Restaurant: (708) 645-7373, 14853 Founders Crossing, Pick up, Delivery
- Pizza it Up: (708) 940-0500, 14205 S. Bell Road, Delivery, Pick up
- Pizza Mia: (708) 301-0001, 14413 S. Bell Road, Delivery, Curbside pick-up
- Rubi Agave: (773) 642-9833, 12622 W. 159th Street, Delivery, pick up
- Taco Bell: (847) 309-9833, 14348 S. Bell, Drive Thru, Grub Hub Delivery
- Tavern in the Glen: (708) 518-7987, 15761 S. Bell Road, Take-out phone orders
- Tazza: (708) 645-0485, 14065 S. Bell Road, Take-out, Delivery available to Homer Glen handicapped and seniors
- Wendy’s: (708) 301-9206, Drive-thru, Grub hub delivery,
- White Castle: Drive-thru
- Temporary Closure - To limit face-to-face interactions, effective Thursday, March 19, services provided at Village Hall will only be available via email, online, fax and/or by telephone until further notice. At this time, Village staff will be available to answer phone calls and respond to emails.
- Email: Visit the staff directory at http://homerglenil.org/Directory.aspx if you need to reach someone specific. For the Building Department, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For general inquiries, you can email email@example.com.
- All police administration and non-emergency matters for the Will County Sheriff’s Department should be directed to 708-301-9274.
- For emergencies, call 9-1-1.
- The Community Room will be closed to all outside group meetings through the end of March. The Village will continue to evaluate the situation. Please call (708) 301-0632 if you have any questions or are cancelling your event beyond this month.
- Adjudication Court: This month’s adjudication court is Cancelled. The next Adjudication is scheduled for April 15.
- Village Meetings: This week’s Plan Commission meeting is scheduled to go on as planned. All Village Committee meetings have been cancelled through March 31. The Village Board meeting scheduled for March 25 will still be held at this time. It is the intention of the Village Board to continue to video tape these meetings, to allow the public to view online. The public will be allowed to attend the Village Board meeting on March 25; however, social distancing and hand sanitization will be adhered to. Please see the Village Calendar on the homepage of this website for the latest status of Village meetings and events.
- Special Events: Following direction from Governor Pritzker and recommendation from the CDC, the Village has cancelled its Biking in Homer to Celebrate Earth Day event, Stargazing and the State of the Village.
- Business Resources
- Village of Homer Glen Proposes COVID-19 Small Business Assistance Program
- Illinois Technology Association - Information on what has happened so far, what’s next, and how you can help.
- Small Business Administration Response to COVID-19 - Information for Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program and more information as the situation evolves.
- Door Dash - Eliminating commissions for new restaurant partners that enroll with them during the next 30 days and charging no commission to current partners.
- Uber Eats - Sign up to offer delivery service to customers.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Will County Health Department
Building Permits & Inspections
Applications for building permits can still be submitted by email, fax or regular mail. The Village’s permits are available on the Permit Applications page. At this time, the Village will not require payment of the permit fees at time of application. These fees will now be able to be paid at time of permit issuance. Village staff will still be conducting essential inspections. Nonessential inspections, that require entering our residents’ homes will not be conducted at this time. The determination of essential versus nonessential will be decided by the Village’s Chief Building Official. The processes for issuing building permits and requesting inspections will continue with no changes. Next week, the Village will have installed a drop box by the Village Building Department entrance that will allow residents/contractors to drop off large-format plans and permit applications. All possible efforts will be taken to not disrupt construction in the Village, while still protecting the public and Village staff.
No Door to Door Solicitations - There are no solicitation permits issued at this time.
Utilities and Services
- AT&T - Offers added relief for customers.
- Comcast - New policies for the next 60 days including free WiFi hotspots for everyone, no disconnects or late fees, and more.
- ComEd - Imposing a moratorium on the service disconnections and waiving new late payment charges through at least May 1.
- Homewood Disposal - No changes to service.
- Illinois American Water - In addition to suspending shut-offs, ILAW is suspending late fees until further notice.
- Nicor Gas - Nicor has suspended service disconnections for non-payment through May 1.