Apply for job here
The Village of Homer Glen is looking to hire a full-time Senior Project Manager/Civil Engineer. This role is integral to the success of our team and serves as the primary engineering contact for Village’s engineering needs. The successful incumbent will manage and direct municipal engineering activities including planning, supervision, operation, and design of projects and programs. In addition, they will perform and supervise technical analyses, often with public presentations, and will review development proposals regarding site development impacts. The position reports directly to the Village Manager and has one direct report.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional engineering design, plan review, and project administration experience, preferably in a public sector setting.
- Two (2) years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of floodplain and wetland regulations strongly desired
- Valid Illinois Driver's license.
- Licensed Professional Engineer with the State of Illinois
- Certified Floodplain Manager Certification
The Village of Homer Glen is an upscale quaint community of approximately 24,000 residents, conveniently located approximately 25 miles southwest of Chicago. Committed to retaining its unique character, Homer Glen has created a strategically inspired commercial development plan. This plan allows the Village to embrace quality growth along its high traffic corridors while preserving the natural and open space resources that have made it so attractive.
It’s also an excellent place to work! Our municipal government team employs over 40 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories. We offer quality benefit programs including medical, dental, vision plans, wellness programs, employee assistance programs, generous PTO, paid holidays, IMRF pension, a 457 plan, and even an employee wellness room!
Compensation: $90,000.00 +/-DOQ