- Feature Links
- Communications Policy
Social Media User Conduct
Content on Village of Homer Glen social media sites will be limited to the topics posted by the Village Staff within their post. In general, the posted content will be limited to matters of Village government and other governmental entities that serve the Village.
- Profane/Inflammatory - Profane, obscene, pornographic, or material of a purely insulting nature that is directed at a particular individual or group.
- Discriminatory - Cannot discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, gender, disability or sexual orientation.
- Threats/Safety - Threats to the safety of others.
- Political - Political, campaign, or election promoting.
- Commercial Advertising - Commercial advertisements or solicitations.
- Illegality - Promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities.
- Intellectual Property - Content that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others.
Per the State of Illinois, social media posts are considered public record if the posts are made on an official public agency account or on a private account that is being used to distribute information for that agency to the public. Furthermore the content being posted must be unique to be considered a public record. The Village is not required to preserve redundant content in all of its forms.
Records retention is based upon function and content of the record, not its format as social media. The Village shall, like with any other public record, consult their Application for Authority to dispose of State/Local Records for appropriate retention periods.
Time of Use: The Village of Homer Glen's social media accounts are not monitored 24/7, and as such, timely posts should not be expected. Accounts are traditionally administered during normal business hours, designated as weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays observed by the Village of Homer Glen.
Emergency Notice: As the Village's social media account(s) are not monitored 24/7, users are advised NOT to use the Village's social media account(s) to report a crime or emergency situation. Crime reports and requests for police, fire or emergency medical assistance must be made by dialing 9-1-1.