Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
What is Patch? It's an online community, a gathering place on the Internet for people to share news, events and conversation about their town, government, schools, businesses, teams and more.
It's an open platform for contributors who want their local voice heard. A source for local, regional and topical news produced by professional journalists.
The Chicago area's first Patches opened five years ago this fall. More than 212,000 people follow them on Facebook (the largest fan base per capita in the nation), and 185,000 people subscribe to Patch by email. The south and southwest suburban Patches are among the most-visited in the United States, including Joliet, Plainfield, Orland Park, Tinley Park, Lemont and New Lenox.
Here are a few places you can visit to learn about Patch:
* Want to contribute? The user guide will get you started.
* Join the 400 local residents who've already found them on Facebook.
* Subscribe to Patch by email, including alerts and a morning newsletter.
* They just started a Twitter feed, if that's your thing.
* You may submit right away to their temporary community calendar.
* Interested in advertising? Please visit the website.