Residents may dispose of yard waste on their regular collection day through November 30, 2021. The next yard waste collection season resumes on April 1, 2022.
By Illinois state law, yard waste cannot be disposed of with regular garbage.
- Yard waste can be placed in brown paper yard waste bags or in yard waste carts.
- Yard waste cannot be placed inside plastic garbage bags.
- Yard waste bags and containers cannot exceed 50 pounds each and should be able to be reasonably lifted by one person.
- Bundled and tied branches should be cut to 3-4 foot lengths.
- Yard waste will be picked up on regularly scheduled garbage days.